HISTORICAL CEMETERY #: WK043 BARTON LOT
Location: 800 ft north of DIVISION & SOUTH COUNTY TRAIL (BARTON CORNER)
48 burials with 39 inscriptions from 1769 to 1959
50ft x 100ft in good condition enclosed with a stone wall; sign in good condition
Tax Assessors Map #: Plat #: 215 Lot #: 13
NOTE: Behind the Cinema theater. Several Revolutionary War soldiers were brought from Providence to be buried under fieldstone marked graves near division Road, west of Route #2. In later years the wall from this cemetery was sold to Mr. Barton who used the stones to build the wall for the Barton Cemetery.
Recorded by James Arnold 2 May 1892, (vol III pg 307), 'northeast of Bartons corner, in open lot poorly protected'.
Recorded in 1930's by Arthur James, "at Barton's corner'
This cemetery has been recorded and checked.